What is Twitter2Press ?
Have you ever noticed that the pictures you send along with your tweets ends on public images hosting services ? These hosting services put ads around your content, and can make traffic (and money) with YOUR
Twitter2Press is a little plugin that'll transform your Wordpress in a image hosting service. So, your images will still be your property, and the generated traffic will be yours.
This plugin will communicate with the wonderful Twitter client for iPhone Tweetie
, very easily.
Once your picture has been uploaded, the plugin will grab the content of the associated tweet when it's available.
And, one more thing : Twitter2Press is free !
You can find an example of Twitter2Press on my personnal gallery, available at NewsdeGeek
How does it work ?
Twitter2Press is a plugin that can communicate with Tweetie 2
for the images uploads.
Simply follow these steps :
- Download Twitter2Press here
- Upload in the wp-content/plugins Wordpress directory
- Activate the plugin in Wordpress
- Configure the plugin, by specifiying the page that'll host the gallery, and your Twitter credentials
Voilà, the plugin is ready. Easy, isn't it ?
We encourage you to create a special page in Wordpress to host your gallery. And what about naming it "Gallery" ? ;)
Now, le's setup Tweetie. Just a few seconds, and you'll get your personnal gallery !
- Launch Tweetie. On the "Accounts" page, choose "Settings"
- In "Image Service", choose "Custom..."
- Type in your Wordpress URL in the field
Now everytime you'll upload a picture from Tweetie, the link will point to YOUR Wordpress gallery. The traffic will we your, instead of losing it with an image hosting service.